Effective Date : 25th August 2019
Fracepunch Store (https://store.facepunch.com) is our merchandise retail platform. It is owned by Facepunch but operated by a third party partner Fourth Floor Creative to provide our customers with a platform to easily and efficiently buy our merchandise. For the purposes of running this store Facepunch Studios Limited are the data controller and Fourth Floor Creative will process that data from time to time as required to fulfill it’s obligations to provide commerce services to Facepunch and our customers.
We deliver services that aim to provide value for brands, creators and their customers, ensuring that everything we do is legal, decent, honest, truthful and within regulatory requirements. As part of delivering our services we may, from time to time, use certain data which relates to individuals. In doing so we commit to:
- only ever processing or retaining personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so.
- being transparent about the data we hold and what we do with it.
- only collect the minimum data we need for an agreed purpose
- ensure the data we have is accurate and up-to-date.
- keep data safe and secure.
What personal information do we collect about you?
When browsing our site, we may collect data about you which includes:
- Newsletter and marketing preferences
When you decide to make a purchase, accepting our Terms and Conditions, and in order to provide our services to you, we will collect the following additional information:
- Contact details, including billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number
- any other data that you may provide to us
- Social media account details
- Other information publicly available (LinkedIn profile details, YouTube subscribers, followers, view counts, etc.)
- any communications between you and us
- Payment information
We do not collect any personal data that can be classified as “Special Categories” under EU GDPR regulation.
Why do we collect this personal information about you?
In the delivery of our services to you as a potential or existing customer, and the fulfilment of merchandise orders we may use the personal information collected for one of the following purposes:
- to confirm your identity when using our online platforms
- to maintain an up to date and accurate record of your purchases
- to deliver our services as part of a potential or actual merchandise purchase placed
- to offer a subscription to our newsletter in line with the marketing preferences you have shared with us
- to contact you about potential merchandise, products, birthday gifts, rewards and/or incentives that you may be of interest to you. If you previously opted in to receive these communications, and no longer want to hear from us, please let us know by using one of the methods detailed in “how can you contact us” section.
- to undertake data analytics and insight to support the successful delivery and post-review of our services
- to comply with legal and or regulatory obligations or to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies
Under EU General Data Protection Regulation, we have identified that we process personal information under the lawful basis of a legitimate interest, when informing you of potential merchandise, and/or our fulfilment of contractual obligations.
Do we share data with other third parties?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal information to any third party.
However, we do share your data with the following categories of company as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Fourth Floor Creative in relation to the services they are providing to us
- professional service providers, such as the e-commerce platform for online stores, Shopify, to power our online shop (to read more about Shopify uses personal information please click here)
- companies approved by you such as social media sites, when you decide to link your accounts to us, and other marketplaces, such as payment services like PayPal. In these instances, you are accepting their terms of how they use the data and for what purpose. We will only ever process your data in accordance with these terms. If you would like further information on this, please contact the relevant organisation. Alternatively, we would be happy to assist.
- Website analytics service providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how our customers use our online stores (to read more about Google Analytics please click here). To learn how you can opt out of Google Analytics please click here
- other third parties, where required or permitted by law (such as professional advisers, regulatory authorities, government departments and law enforcement agencies)
Where possible, we will always anonymise personal information before sharing with any third party, to ensure it does not identify you.
How is your information processed and stored?
All personal data that is collected on Facepunch Store (https://store.facepunch.com) is controlled by Facepunch and processed by Fourth Floor Creative Ltd, and is handled by its staff in accordance with our policies and procedures.
We remain committed to ensure we process personal information in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation.
However, we cannot be responsible for how, any third party services acknowledged in “Do we collect or share data with other third parties? process data. Where possible, we have highlighted specific privacy notices and would strongly recommend that you always review them before engaging with us. It should be noted that your information may be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
What rights and options do you have?
Facepunch are committed to delivering honest and truthful services. The data we hold about you, your privacy rights and how it is being used is of vital importance to us. If you reside in the EU at the time of processing of your personal data, and depending on the reason of data processing, you can request any of your individual rights in relation to the data we hold about you by contacting us using one of the methods detailed in “How you can contact us?”.
How can you contact us?
If you previously opted in to receive these communications, and no longer want to hear from us, please click here to update your preferences.
Alternatively if you would like to contact us in relation to what data we hold and for what purpose outlined in “What rights and options do you have?” please email us at email@example.com or at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Fourth Floor Creative
King William House
13 Queen Square
Bristol BS1 4NT
Last reviewed 19 Feb 2019.